Lemon 026 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beavergirl

Beavergirl

ArboristSite Operative
S-

This thing is a pig. No power, no rpm, and I'm plain disgusted. This model has the fully adj. carb. I removed the limiter cap first off, and have since gone back through to make sure I didn't create a problem while doing so. I opened the muffler to 125% of the exhaust throat area with only a marginal improvement. 046 and MS200 are 2 simply marvelous machines but the neighbors Dolmar 115i I repaired last year has more spirit. Today I finished the 5th tank of gas and I was so angry and underwhelmed I threw it into the creek.

The ms260 pro doesn't come with an elastostart handle but the ms200 did. The ms260 doesn't have falling sights on the starter side but the ms200 does. I guess if I want a 50cc pro saw I should have bought a ms250 and would have been better off. What a hunkajunk!!! :angry:

What's the deal with the PS5000??? Is it coming anytime this century? Anyone smuggling them in?

The only redeeming nuance to todays fiasco was I learned a family of Beavers are now inhabiting my creek. I've not learned where their lodge is, and according to my downstream neighbor it must be a distance away, but their falling techniques on small Alder saplings were unmistakeable. If I trap them, are they good to eat? I thought I might make a hat or coat from their hides.

C-

canguy21

canguy21

ArboristSite Operative
My first thought was a plugged spark arrestor but you have obviously seen to that. Sounds like carb problems or an air leak. Did it gradually deteriorate or was this a sudden thing? How is compression?

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jacob J. said:
Oh come on now D.G., surely you can make an 026 run better than that.

For sure, DG can make an 026 run pretty good.

Eating beaver makes one lucky, atleast I`ve always gotten lucky after eating one. :D They are at their best with a short, summer pelt.

Russ

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had a friend get his knee cap torn all to h@ll by a beaver, the stupid idiot went up and tried to pet it , wrong move and alot of stiches ,

sorry wrong kind of beaver

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
On a lighter note Silverblue has done many mods to his own 026 and 020T he should be able to get it back up and running in an email Jiffy. Good Luck ;-)

Beavergirl

Beavergirl

ArboristSite Operative
S-

Everyone, thanks for listening. After spending the day cleaning the saw from its swimming lesson it finally started. I wasn't kidding about tossing it in the drink.

The saw is down on rpm, by a significant amount. I removed the clutch cover and used fender washers to hold the bar & chain on. I don't have the std. tach you all use. I have a Shimpo handheld optical tach which requires a bit of reflective tape on the clutch drum. I measured 10,700 at WOT. Adjusting the high speed screw from lock to lock changes it down to 9200.

In my haste last evening, I neglected some specs. 18" Bar, 3/8 Full comp, square chisel, brand new MS260.

I learned today why I love the 046 so much. 14,400 @ WOT! Too much muffler modding the other night and now the HS screw has little or no effect on rpm. Oopsie!

Ed, check your email tomorrow. Bring coffee.

Sedanman, certainly "Beavergirl" is a psuedonym. Just like "Sedanman" replaces whatever your real name is. I'd like to see prima facia evidence from you or anyone else which provides conclusive evidence that Candice Nystrom is someone else on the board. And while you're all so busy, prove I'm male too.

LJS, thank you for your suggestion. Jacob J. has been influenced by disinformation and concluded I'm Dennis Greffard. How he reasoned this out I cannot say and I was unaware of this until today. This perception of his, is the true reason he didn't want to sell me a roller nose nor allow me to send him a bar for modification last year. How little did I know? He was always very kind and polite in his communication, he just didn't tell me the truth. I hold no grudge against Jacob and only wish him the best. He simply didn't want to engage business with me. It's a free country, remember?

Has not one of you eaten grilled "Castor Canadensis" before? I don't know if they're legal to trap, but I'm having 500 western red cedars planted along the banks of the creek as part of a fishery restoration program. Wouldn't beavers find these tasty? Once stronger runs of winter steelhead and sea run cutthroat are established then we can worry about the rodent welfare.

Kindest regards,

C-

sedanman

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Candice, After a fair amount of dealings with the "fairer sex" I doubt that a female would have such an acidic wit on the rather un-feminine subject of chainsaws.

Latest posts