Lepitect for spruce spider mites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t used Lepitect systemic treatment for spider mites infesting my norway spruce cupressina trees yet, but it was delivered today and if I can figure out how much water to mix the hopefully correct amount of it in, I’ll be trying it today.
Problem I find is that the instructions on the 10 oz bag of dry product says to use 1/5 oz per dbh, but they do not say how much water to mix it in.

What am I not understanding, or why do they omit this seemingly important mixing information?

I have six trees planted in a row fairly close together, each tree having a DBH of 3.8 which will call for 3.8 X 1/5 oz of product per tree, but no where does it say how much water to mix it in.

Wouldn’t the amount of water matter? How could it not matter?
It is Saturday, but I guess I’ll have to come out of my protective gloves, mask and appropriate clothing and wait until the next business day to call the makers of Lepitect to hopefully find an answer.
The only referrence the instructions make regarding water is that the full 10 oz pack can be mixed in 25 gallons of water, but that does not say what the resulting dilution level is with 10 ounces in 25 gallons.

Won’t that matter, depending on the DBH of trees being treated?

Seems to me to be missing any explanation in this regard, but they repeat various toxicity hazards and warnings numerous times filling seversl pages in the fold out instructions while explaining little about actual instructions for proper amounts to use per gallon.

Amount of water doesn't matter that much... enough to dissolve the product.
I'd just do like a gallon per tree.

This is different than something you spray at given concentration. If you use 2 quarts and it rains half an inch, that's as if you applied it with maybe 2 gallons, for example. Just apply it close to the base of the tree.

Latest posts

Back