Lets see some pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing fancy but it works..You can see i am still burning lots of Pine.I like these big old lakewood stoves so much i have an identical one that can heat my 30 x 50 shop comfortable..the one in the house burns about 6 cords a season but if i use the smaller effecient one upstairs it is signifacantly less wood..Heated the whole hose on branchs and junk the first year we bought our house using that fancy glass door stove..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nothing fancy but it works..You can see i am still burning lots of Pine.I like these big old lakewood stoves so much i have an identical one that can heat my 30 x 50 shop comfortable..the one in the house burns about 6 cords a season but if i use the smaller effecient one upstairs it is signifacantly less wood..Heated the whole hose on branchs and junk the first year we bought our house using that fancy glass door stove..

Looks like a nice setup. Are those your main stairs?! i would hate to haul wood up or down those!

No they are just the stairs leading to the loft..if they were the main stairs there would never be a stove let a lone a fire upstairs..LOL..I hate lugging wood upstairs even on the bigger staircase hence the stove in the basement and wheel barrow. :rock:

My mess is outside :msp_w00t:

attachment.php

Nice set-up. By the way, have you been smuggling nuclear material in your boots?

I will try to get some pictures of my US Stove 1557M (similar model) up in the next few days. I'd suggust a damper of the flue pipe and another cheap sheet metal damper on the 8" that dumps out into your basement. That way you can damper down and push more heat upstairs. I get all my sheet metal and stove supplies at Menards-i'm sure you got them up there.
I found that a piece of 1-1/2" PVC about 3' long helps if inserted into the shop vac hose when its time to clean out the ash pan spot. Along with a maglite, thats the only way my pan will get all the way to the back.

Keep warm and good looking stove you go there. Good deal on it too!

Finally got some pic's of my stove this weekend (still trying to figure out to upload pictures)....
One of my two 8" supply lines are tied into the hot air plenum on the propane furnace and the other i take a cap off of when I need to heat the basement up or dry up water leaks:
218097d1326847631-photo1-jpg

218098d1326847633-photo2-jpg

The left trunk line is the return and right is supply. I work for a General Contractor and had a HVAC sub make the return box on the back of the woodburner, bend up the HA plenum on the propane furnace and give me the sheet metal supply duct for a case of beer :rock:
218099d1326847635-photo3-jpg

Burning some white oak and coal:
218102d1326851071-photo4-jpg

Last edited:
Olix Air-Flo wood and coal.

Made in Hornell, N.Y. until around 1990.

Starting to burn more coal than wood.

stoveclosed.jpg

stoveopen.jpg

CatsStove.jpg

Kevin

Last edited:
Here is my Central Boiler CB6048. The system is well thought out, however I basically never intended to purchase this year, rather 2-3 years down the road. I got pushed into doing it by my brother (I say that like it's a bad thing- when in reality I think it's the best damn decision I've made since home ownership) this year who also did a 5036.
Due to the short time i had to work with, I put it in the best possible spot for now, and over the next several years i have plans on clearing the trees behind it in the pic, adding a 2nd driveway and some sort of cheap covered building for wood storage, and moving the boiler back there (roughly another 60-80ft). View attachment 218316
attachment.php

Mine is an insert, Elite 33 Flush Wood Insert-Fireplace Xtrordinair (Travis Industries)

Its on the end of a small ranch, heating first floor, about 1100 sq. Been gradually getting more insulated, but still plenty of fresh air coming in, and the basement is cold, so ideally I need to insulate that ceiling but I don't plan to be here too much longer. Use 5-6 cord/year, with less this year due to weather so far, and some new windows.
Been heating primarily with this since 2005. Just built the wood rack in September.

Now if I can just train the guy in the pic to move more wood to the porch.........

attachment.php

Brings back memories of my Newfoundland,Cosmo! Thanks for posting.

Mine is an insert, Elite 33 Flush Wood Insert-Fireplace Xtrordinair (Travis Industries)

Its on the end of a small ranch, heating first floor, about 1100 sq. Been gradually getting more insulated, but still plenty of fresh air coming in, and the basement is cold, so ideally I need to insulate that ceiling but I don't plan to be here too much longer. Use 5-6 cord/year, with less this year due to weather so far, and some new windows.
Been heating primarily with this since 2005. Just built the wood rack in September.

Now if I can just train the guy in the pic to move more wood to the porch.........

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back