Let's start a good thread!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a full time farmer cattle and chickens. I just started a garden this year my first one, its around 1500 square feet. I don't have a picture of it. Here is a picture of some of our chickens.
78257959_10054b99e6.jpg

Here is a picture of our Deere in the woods! ha ha
186773968_1ce2c9f087.jpg

The chickens brought back some memories, I used to be a catcher back when I was a kid. Don't miss that job at all, lol.

Things are looking good,what kind of potatoes are in the box.My favorite home-growns are Yukon Gold.The onions and cabbage look great too.It's time for you to get some tomatoes going.
attachment.php

Well,the potatoes have been identified.Idaho Russets.Mr. Simplot would be proud.

Fish - in the "experimental garden" shot, lower left-hand corner -- are you growing BACON?!?

If so, could you send me some seeds?

Sorry, missed this question. You talking about that piece of wood with the
red paint on it? It is a piece of a board that I was using on something else,
I was working on a bench to the left.

No, my "experiment" was the onion "mulch", they really took off....

So Fish,what are you using as mulch on the onions.Tell us more about the "experiment".That leaf lettuce should be about big enough to pick a little now,with all the rain and warm weather we've been having.By the way,did I mention that my Dad owns a farm in Logan County,outside of Russellville.

That stand of leaf lettuce is still small, needs thinned. I have been giving away bags of lettuce for a week or so.

The onion mulch is a large piece of cardboard with holes drilled in it, and the sets put in....

That stand of leaf lettuce is still small, needs thinned. I have been giving away bags of lettuce for a week or so.

The onion mulch is a large piece of cardboard with holes drilled in it, and the sets put in....

Well it looks like it's working really well.We've used newspaper before,kind of messy at the end.Do you have a compost pile going?I really like that leaf lettuce "wilted",is that how you do it?

Now, just toss it with the other varieties I have going with other veggies.

I have a stand of romaine, buttercruch, and oakleaf, and throw in some baby chard. Hate having to buy the tomatoes, celery, carrots, etc.

Back