Let's Talk Blocks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What is the best rigging block you ever bought? What configuration do you find yourself using the most? What is the biggest piece of carp you have bought? What is the most expensive block you have bought.

Go

CMI Stainless, have a few of them, use loopies or tenax I2I. Never bought a cheap one.

I have 3 CMI 3/4 stainless steel blocks with loopie slings, and this year picked up a 3/4 ISC block, and love it! No screwing, just a simple twist, rounder edges. I grab it first everytime now outta the truck!

Awnsering the first and last question, DMM. Once you've bought one, you'll never look back back. Its like comparing a lada to a porsce. Both have wheels and gets you from point a to b, but....

By mistake....

I actually ordered my ISC rigging block by mistake. But I refused to return it when I got it in my hands. :msp_smile:
Naaaaajssssss......
View attachment 243365
attachment.php

I had that thought as I was throwing it up. But I was too tired and too lazy to care. :D

Never been there, don't know what that's like. Lol. Just kidding. Oh, I'm looking real hard at the dmm blocks. Accidentally saw a video with them, look nice.

I use CMI stainless.

Jeff

See thats what I was trying to figure out. Block and tie-in are next on the equipment list, but on TreeStuff they range from $90 for a stainless CMI to $400 for a DMM. So I wanted to get the big boy's input, see if I should just start at the bottom of the ladder and work my way up, or shell out for the intermediate price (Top shelf seems really pricey, skeptical if they are worth it). Was going to call Treestuff too and see what they had to say

See thats what I was trying to figure out. Block and tie-in are next on the equipment list, but on TreeStuff they range from $90 for a stainless CMI to $400 for a DMM. So I wanted to get the big boy's input, see if I should just start at the bottom of the ladder and work my way up, or shell out for the intermediate price (Top shelf seems really pricey, skeptical if they are worth it). Was going to call Treestuff too and see what they had to say

I wanna hold the DMM first. First and foremost, they look pretty, thats my sole motivation.

Jeff

I got sucked into another discussion on blocks. I hate this. I'm reporting you. Lol. I rarely even use them, maybe 3-10 times a month. I gotta get outta here. Lol

Back