level

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASEMASTER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I maybe thinking to much again. But has any saw manufacturer ever built in a level bubble so you can keep your cut level and plumb?
this may be a mistake to ask as it could be my niche to wealth.

Last edited:
ASEMASTER said:
I maybe thinking to much again. But has any saw manufacturer ever built in a level bubble so you can keep your cut level and plumb?

Are you going to level the log before you cut it? :)

ASEMASTER said:

Take your cutting serious do ya, nothing wrong with that. I don't know of any saw that has or ever had a built in level. However if you really want one go to the local hardware store and get ya self a string level and mount it on top of your saw. May sound crazy but it would fill the bill for what your asking.

THALL10326 said:
Take your cutting serious do ya, nothing wrong with that. I don't know of any saw that has or ever had a built in level. However if you really want one go to the local hardware store and get ya self a string level and mount it on top of your saw. May sound crazy but it would fill the bill for what your asking.

Make that two one on top, and side=plumb & level;)

Last edited:
Glad to see them on a drill now days though. I must see everything on a slant.:help:

Last edited:
I've seen round levels somewhere, with a circle in the middle. Might have had sticky on the bottom. About an inch diameter. Put one one your recoil housing.

I think that they would need to be parralel and perpendicular to the bar to be accurate. Just slapping them on somewhere wouldnt be of much use.

Im sorry if I came across as being offensive, it wasnt my intent. Just trying to add a little something that might be useful to ASEMASTER.:)

I've got a regular Stanley 7" (or so) magnetized level. I'll use it on a long bar on uneven terrain when getting the bar level across a larger tree is a pain. I put it right on the bar and as it feeds into the tree, it just falls off the backside over the chain. I'm not so worried about the "pitch" of the bar, as I am the "roll" axis of the bar.

Latest posts

Back