Lever linkage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Burlison

Reaction score
I have a 27 ton Troybilt wood splitter, Honda engine, and the linkage at the forward reverse lever seems loose. It goes down great, but going up is very slow and the lock on the up motion does not lock, and the up speed increases with some pushing and wiggling, but only locks with gentle tapping. Has anyone had trouble with this, linkage is sloppy, pulled it off, was bent some, straightened it up, lever action still not working correctly. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8997.JPG
    IMG_8997.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
hi Randy welcome to AS. i take it that you are running in the vertical position. here's the usual questions for you. oil level ok? changed hydraulic filter lately? from your pic your valve looks pretty oily/ leak? some one with more mechanical brains than me will be along shortly.
EDIT: i have the same splitter.

hi Randy welcome to AS. i take it that you are running in the vertical position. here's the usual questions for you. oil level ok? changed hydraulic filter lately? from your pic your valve looks pretty oily/ leak? some one with more mechanical brains than me will be along shortly.
EDIT: i have the same splitter.
Hi, runs vertical, but same problem horizontal. Oil was from dripping on the post, very cold, dirty and a sloppy lubrication job. Fluid was checked and full

Is the spool moving full travel in both directions? If not full shifted, the flow will be restricted and speed slows down. Since you mentioned detent not working correctly, possibly something on the end opposite handle, where the detent and spring are, is broken and preventing full spool travel.

It is definitely in the detent, all very worn in there, 2 of the 4 small ball bearings just fell out, main ball bearing at the top looks like a piece of gravel, very warn, looked for a rebuild kit, energy 326890, just shows cap, several other components, didn't see the parts that are directly in the cap. Is that the detent assembly?

Latest posts

Back