Leyland Cypress turning brown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have 5 Leyland Cypress trees planted in a row as a privacy barrier. One of them has started to turn brown on some of the limbs. Is this a disease or anything else I should be concerned with?

Could be any number of things. Pics would be helpful.

How long ago were they planted?

Mr. Seer's ability to diagnose causal agent from a written paragraph is second 2 none. He is a board certified master arborist. As such, he represents the best of what we have to offer in the form of advice.

BUT, just 2 b sure, call out a professional whom can diagnose or at least be able to take the neccesary samples needed for diagnosis from a qualified pathologist. The service is only $10 or so for in state residents.

Just so u know, there is no known curative or preventative treatment for seiridium.

Hi folks. I have 4 Leyland's Cypress trees that are all beginning to turn brown from the inside out. They are all 18'-20' tall and seemed to be doing well until this spring. I've read that it could be a pest, a disease, too much water, or too little water. I am just wondering if someone out there could tell me what they think. Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to lose these trees but I am afraid I might be too late. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 242519

Back