Light bar for a 441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I always used es bars in the past. What would be my best option for a light 20" guide bar for my ms441. I won't buy a Stihl light at a local retail they are to expensive.

I always used es bars in the past. What would be my best option for a light 20" guide bar for my ms441. I won't buy a Stihl light at a local retail they are to expensive.
Buy a regular E bar... they are much lighter and cost a lot less, but they don't come with a replaceable tip.

Check with ford150 if he has Total Light and Tough. These are pics when new. 20 and 25
2744e8741e02c97b49aa8f25b155008c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The sugihara bars are nice, but they're not very light. Almost as heavy as a regular RSN bar. The tsumara light bars are considerably lighter, and are very nice bars. Apparently the tips don't hold up quite like a stihl bar, though. As Clint said, a regular laminated bar, Rollomatic E or otherwise is a good lightweight option in that length. The tsumara gets you some extra durability and certainly extra bling, but the E bar is pretty close in weight I think, and you can buy two for about what a tsumara costs.

The sugihara bars are nice, but they're not very light. Almost as heavy as a regular RSN bar. The tsumara light bars are considerably lighter, and are very nice bars. Apparently the tips don't hold up quite like a stihl bar, though. As Clint said, a regular laminated bar, Rollomatic E or otherwise is a good lightweight option in that length. The tsumara gets you some extra durability and certainly extra bling, but the E bar is pretty close in weight I think, and you can buy two for about what a tsumara costs.
I see the tsumara pretty reasonable on ebay. Maybe I'll give one of those a try.

I see the tsumara pretty reasonable on ebay. Maybe I'll give one of those a try.

They're very nice. I've handled several and run some on Julian's 661s. Looks like you can get a 20" for under $75 shipped, which isn't too bad. I have about 3 regular RSN bars that size to get through, but if i didn't, I'd be tempted to buy one.

They're very nice. I've handled several and run some on Julian's 661s. Looks like you can get a 20" for under $75 shipped, which isn't too bad. I have about 3 regular RSN bars that size to get through, but if i didn't, I'd be tempted to buy one.
I figure a Stihl es would cost that at the dealer. I wish I could buy all my stuff local but I can't afford too.

Back