lil'house heater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still...I'm drooling at the idea of no mess in the house and a vastly cheaper price tag than an OWB, while heating a larger footprint.

For what he wants for one of those you can buy a Yukon Big Jack, pour a slab, build a building around it (I would use steel studs, unfaced fiberglass and corrugated steel as an interior liner} run two insulated ducts through your foundation and have a MUCH better system.

installed the lil house wood furnace in nov. and just wanted to let those interested that the heater is doing wonderful.i live in in a 2 story farm house and it stays about 75-78(in the whole house the return air line does work) when the temperature is 30 or less.the coldest it has got here so far is 6 above and in the morning i woke up to a 72 degree house-NICE-sure beats fuel oil!!!.burn time seems to be about 8 hrs or so and i can live with that.now i know it might lack the quality and sophistication of the big outside wood furnaces,but for the money i don't think you can beat it.5 year burn through warranty,rebuild kit is 300.00.wood mess is outside , very simple to install.and its safe.(good sleepin at night)i'm not selling them just wanted to share my experiences with y'all

thanks

Good to hear that its working for you.:cheers:

For what he wants for one of those you can buy a Yukon Big Jack, pour a slab, build a building around it (I would use steel studs, unfaced fiberglass and corrugated steel as an interior liner} run two insulated ducts through your foundation and have a MUCH better system.

Thanks AOD....I've tried googling for wood furnaces and I seem to not get the right combo of words. Plus it's hard to get sites of actual products with prices vs a site that simply has the name in it. (I'm internet stupid)

It's also hard shopping for one when the don't specifically say if it can be sold in California.

A few more....

Try Clayton, Fire Cheif, US Stove, Vogelzang and of course the Daka units they sell all over the Midwest.

For a state that is ravaged by forest fires, CA sure has some stupid laws regarding stoves and emissions.

Latest posts

Back