limiter cap tool needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Berry

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Dealer wont even leave it lying around after he finds $5 on the floor :monkey: If anyone has an extra 5910 890 4500A they'ed part with please let me know, New DP cover on a 440, waiting on a friends tach to check it. 13500 after a few cuts sound about right with an 18"?

I can add one to my order and send it out to you - I think they quoted me $2.55 for the tool.

I need to add some other stuff to the order anyway.

Let me know.

Dealer wont even leave it lying around after he finds $5 on the floor :monkey: If anyone has an extra 5910 890 4500A they'ed part with please let me know, New DP cover on a 440, waiting on a friends tach to check it. 13500 after a few cuts sound about right with an 18"?

Tant no big deal. Getcha self a long sheetrock screw and yank those caps off with ease. In fact the sheetrock screw works better.

13500 is about right with that bar and that muffler. Your within the max levels.

Tant no big deal. Getcha self a long sheetrock screw and yank those caps off with ease. In fact the sheetrock screw works better.

13500 is about right with that bar and that muffler. Your within the max levels.

Just make sure that after you wind any screw in, rotate it all the way to the left to get the tang on the cap to line up with the slots!

The stihl tool is left thread for that very reason.

Just make sure that after you wind any screw in, rotate it all the way to the left to get the tang on the cap to line up with the slots!

The stihl tool is left thread for that very reason.

Yup yup, good point eagle eye.

Lake -

Is there any need to remove the limiter on the L jet when doing a muffler mod? (My saw is a 361)

It seems like there is more than enough adjustment on the L jet given the factory setting of 1/4 turn for that saw.

Also, when replacing the Limiter on the H jet, do you open it another 1/8th or 1/4 turn and put the limiter on, or just leave it where you set it and pop it on?

Thanks,

John

I can add one to my order and send it out to you - I think they quoted me $2.55 for the tool.

5Shot, thank you for the offer, very kind of you. Fortunatly the screw worked nicely :cheers:

THALL, :cheers: also thank you, I must have got caps built on a monday, when the screw just started to get tight the little tit on the H jet snapped right off, didnt even have to pull the cap out. Now I have full adjustment. WOT I'm set roughly 1 FTO, plug is a little dark after 5 wot cuts, will wait for tach to fine tune.

Lake, thats a big 10-4 thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Lake -

Is there any need to remove the limiter on the L jet when doing a muffler mod? (My saw is a 361)

It seems like there is more than enough adjustment on the L jet given the factory setting of 1/4 turn for that saw.

Also, when replacing the Limiter on the H jet, do you open it another 1/8th or 1/4 turn and put the limiter on, or just leave it where you set it and pop it on?

Thanks,

John

yes... you need the L adjustable. Take of the tab.

On my personal saws I cut the tab off then it doesn't matter where it is located. On customer saws, I open it another 1/8 or so then put the cap back on and adjust it correctly.

"I melted off my caps on my Echo with a soldering gun. If they wanted those to last they shouldn't have made them out of plastic"

Hahahahaha

I melted the cylinder off my stihl with a gas axe. If they wanted it to last they should have made it out of ceramic.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back