Liner Job Complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well folks, just completed the install on a SS flex liner. The install was a snap, I would highly recommend you have a friend or two on hand to help. The flex liner's are difficult to maneuver and the more hands to help guide it from the ground, to the roof, to the chimney will prevent any kinks or damage. The flex liners remind me of a flexable dryer hose, sure hope it lives up to the spec's for durability.

I did a SS Flex liner early this spring also. Wouldn't call it a snap though. Mine was a tight fit. We had a heck of a time gettin it in. We put a 30' x 8" ss flex liner in an old plain brick chimney. I think if we had used 6" or 7" would have been a breeze. But the wood furnace had a 8" flue, so thought better stick with that. Had several guys on the roof, steep one too, and one down in basement pulling. Havn't quite finished the connection at the furnace yet, kinda put it on hold for a while. But the rest is finished. Looking forward to using it next winter. Should be easy to clean also. Was a slight offset in the middle of the chimney, if it wasn't for that, and the tight clearance, straight solid wall SS liner would have been my choice. But that really gets pricey! I think this should work well though.

Gregg,

I think I'm the only one around here that pulled his up from inside the house. Having that big ol floppy tube up on the roof just didn't seem like my idea of fun. 2 guys, about 10 minutes and its done.

What kind of brush are you suppose to use in these flex liners?, Could of sworn the directions said not to use a steel brush.

Latest posts

Back