list of build off's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
with all the build offs going on i think we need to orginize them so that we know the what when and where.
i know jeremy is hosting the 066/660 build
jeremy also hosting 346xp build
eric hosting 7900 build
who is it thats hosting the 290 310 390 build?
scott hosting the 390xp build

have i missed anything ?

Last edited:
That sounds right. I would like to know the date for jeremys gtg. I know he mentioned late march or early april.

I do believe stumpy and myself would be doing the stihl 290 310 390 029 039 it will be held at atvguns gtg

guess this means i can go since i have a ported 346 now and a 372 on the way to being ported:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

with all the build offs going on i think we need to orginize them so that we know the what when and where.
eric hosting 7900 build
who is it thats hosting the 290 3100 390 build?
scott hosting the 3900xp build

have i missed anything ?

could you post the datrs so i don't overlap someone?thanks

i dont think a date has been set for any of them just tentative months . so if you want to be the first to nail down a date ,then go for it.

eric hosting 7900 build
who is it thats hosting the 290 3100 390 build?
scott hosting the 3900xp build

have i missed anything ?

I'm kind of sad you did not mention my electric chainsaw buildoff. Must be stock appearing.:msp_sneaky:

What about the Michigander Snow Shoe Fire On The Lake All You Can Eat Chill Cook Off Snowmobile Drag Every Make Chainsaw Carving Race Hot Saw Show Down Polar Bear Swim Snow Ball Fight 2 Stroke Ice Bike Pole Climb Super Fun Day? :msp_w00t:

have i missed anything ?

Yes.....who's going to break down and buy a dyno so we can get some objective measurements/comparisons? :)

Thanks for putting all these in one place....I was a bit confused with all the different build off threads.

Naw, just put about 240 Hz on the motor, not a lot of torque but massive speed if the armature can handle it.

Actually I believe that most of these saws use universal motors, which run independent of frequency. Same as a drill, or circular saw. They have brushes in them. The way to increase speed is to raise the voltage to the armature only (the brushes) Use a step up transformer or something.

Universal motors used to be listed as "AC/DC". The band got its name from a Singer sewing machine supposedly......

Yes.....who's going to break down and buy a dyno so we can get some objective measurements/comparisons? :)

I'm building one now. When I get enough $$$ I'll change it from mechanical measurements to data acquisition. Then it would be very easy to test 15-20 saws in a couple of hours.

Thanks for putting all these in one place....I was a bit confused with all the different build off threads.

hmm i need to call a buddy of mine he has a load tester that i might be able to use.

might be able to do the math and calculate hp accordingly, otherwise highest rpm wins?

Latest posts

Back