List of the 26 largest wildfires currently uncontained

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maine isn't even on there, LOL

So I put together a list of all of the fires listed on the national Situation Report that are not contained and are larger than 4,500 acres

That is probably why.

The East usually doesn't have very big fires because they have a lack of fires. That lack of fires, over time, has allowed Eastern forests to become overly dense which has caused some forests to be too moist to burn; and that's not a good thing.

This article explains that really well. Cascading species shift looms in fire-starved Eastern woods

Last edited:
I agree! Hey mods...

Let's not.

Let's just leave it hidden away in F and L. Maybe that way we can keep it more topical and avoid having the civilians drifting though with their snarky little comments and their latest paranoid conspiracy theories. And you know who I'm talkin' about.

We all speak the same language here, we all understand the customs and rituals, we all value the validity of mutual experience.

In other words....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
All things being equal, it would probably be best to let wildlandfire.com handle that. Those guys do it right. We can maybe put a link there somewhere visible, though?

Also, this:

Yeah maybe but their running commentary is no fun at all. Besides we don't need to do it right we just want to have fun. Plus we won't spend 90% of out time complaining about the lack of health insurance. Right?

There's forests over there?!?!?

Who knew?

There's a few. The Governor is a little behind the times though. The pine beetles have been munching away for 25 years in a big way. We made safety zones in the 90s so firefighters can take cover in the clearcuts. There were 2 (maybe 3) cut ALL lodgepole, dead and alive, sales on Bonaparte Mountain which is in the Tonasket area.

Back