Little jackpot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gjt1980

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well i live on a private dirt road at the end and my in laws live 4 houses up from me. I have been cleaning up there property clearing brush and trees then planting grass. I started a new section a couple weeks ago that has some large trees but they are cotton wood (oh well). I noticed that in the woods behind their neighbors house was a large ash tree that was uprooted so i asked if i could cut it up and have the wood. A day later i get a call from the neighbor asking if i would help him drop and clean up 3 12" oaks and a ash tree and he will let me have all the wood. Today we dropped the 3 oaks and the ash plus a cherry bucked it all and cleaned up all the brush when we were done we went to look at the ash that i wanted. He said i can have it plus the cherry and a 30" + oak that is also down. I sell firewood and i sold out a week ago, i only sell the hardwoods and i burn the cotton wood. I will try and get pics of my winnings
460 will get to earn her keep

I wont be able to get to it until tuesday hopefully. I have an ich that wont quit until i get in the woods cutting again

I will get pics soon. This itch is getting worse does not look like it will be scratched tomorrow maybe Wednesday

I sell firewood and i sold out a week ago, i only sell the hardwoods and i burn the cotton wood. I will try and get pics of my winnings

Are you planning to sell your just cut and split wood this year? If so, I hope you are telling your customers it is not seasoned.

I am an honest person i tell them when it was cut and split, and i always burn a little in my stove to see how it does. If it is not dry i dont even try to sell it. I have taken down ash trees that have been dead standing for 6 + yrs and sold within a couple weeks to guys that are far more experienced with burning wood than me and they have came back for more.

I am an honest person i tell them when it was cut and split, and i always burn a little in my stove to see how it does. If it is not dry i dont even try to sell it. I have taken down ash trees that have been dead standing for 6 + yrs and sold within a couple weeks to guys that are far more experienced with burning wood than me and they have came back for more.

nice post,thanks

Looking at your saw, stove pic indicates that you must be sick, whats wrong ? It's WAY too spotless in there, dirty up the place your making me feel bad.:msp_ohmy:

Back