Load of Logs- good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrapiron

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is a good deal:

I have several dozen loads of oak logs. Mostly white oak at this time. I am currently only set up for deliveries. An average load is about 15-18 logs, in a variety of diameters. Logs are cut to 10'-12' lengths. It will yield about $500 worth of firewood if cut to standard 16"-18" lengths, and split. All logs are green. I have pine for campfire wood if interested. Picture depicts the average load.

I can get about 180 cubic feet (3 full size pickup loads) of split fresh red oak for $180. Did I mention it's already split? :) Anywho, I don't mind the work, but how much wood could I get from the logs?

Thanks-
Skot

Sounds like a good deal, but why the heck is the guy so vague about the amount?I'll bet no two loads would be the same.If he delivers in a truck he should be able to give you a rough idea how many cubic feet/cords he is carrying.

Sounds like it's worth it, just make sure he gives you a good load.
A load of log's is just an educated guess when you're estimating cord's. He's probably called it 3 cords, and someone only got 2 1/2 and wanted some money back. When taking the time, fuel, and maintenance to load, haul, and deliver log's for $200 you can't afford to give anything back.

This load was estimated at between 12 and 15 cord's. 4 loads were hauled for me, we'll see how close our estimate was.:)
Logs005.jpg

Andy

Back