Load of logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a load of logs dropped off yesterday. Mostly oak and all pretty manageable size which my back will appreciate. Hoping to get about 12-13 cords out of it - paid $1000.

Unfortunately the kids didn't have today school due to parent/teacher conferences which I went to since the wife had to work. Really looking forward to getting outside and the weather is supposed to cooperate.

Still struggling with how to get the pic to show in the post.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91989&stc=1&d=1236290902

Last edited:
attachment.php

If you get your expected volume of split wood, for that money, then it is a great deal, in our market, and I"d think, a good deal in any market.

:rock::rockn:

Nice clean looking load there Dan. I wish we had that bare ground over this way but were still waiting for some warm weather to melt it off.

Maple:

Is that load off a triaxle? If so, I think you will be hard pressed to get the 12-13 full cord you are hoping for. Looks about the size load I get from a triaxle, and I typically only yield about 8 cord.

That stuff will be perfect for the super splitter. I would have logs hauled in bu around here I can get it for $105 a cord for cut and split oak. I'll keep buying it for that as long as I can. Otherwise I would be doing what your doing.

Scott

That is a great price. Last time I bought cut and split I paid $100 a cord and had to resplit about a third of it. I was still worth it. Right now the going rate is between $170 and $250, so I will be getting another load after mud season.

The guy I get the wood from has a daugher that went to school with my daughter so both times I've gotten it from him he's taken pretty good care of me as far as quality, quantity and price. It's all solid, straight, managable size stuff. There's not a punky peice in the pile.

I'm not really good at estimating...just going by what he told me. Last year I got a pile about half that size and got at least 6 cords out of it so thats where I get my numbers. I'll probably never know because I'm sure not stacking all that.

Last edited:
That is better than the stuff I see delivered around here. What county are you in?

Tandem Load of Logs

Here is how the logs arrive at my place in Ontario Canada
I pay $1500.00 per truck load and get about 14 to 15 cords per truck

I chain saw the load into rounds in about 55 hours which includes moving rounds and piling them up ready for splitting.

Got a load of logs dropped off yesterday. Mostly oak and all pretty manageable size which my back will appreciate. Hoping to get about 12-13 cords out of it - paid $1000.

Unfortunately the kids didn't have today school due to parent/teacher conferences which I went to since the wife had to work. Really looking forward to getting outside and the weather is supposed to cooperate.

Still struggling with how to get the pic to show in the post.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91989&stc=1&d=1236290902

I hope yer talkin face cords, I'll call that 5-6 FULL cord tops. Let us know when you get it stacked, be intersting to know the outcome............

Here is how the logs arrive at my place in Ontario Canada
I pay $1500.00 per truck load and get about 14 to 15 cords per truck

1500 is a good price for that load. Where are you ??. I would be grateful if you would share the suppliers name and number as I am looking for log length when half load season ends. Please PM me !

That is better than the stuff I see delivered around here. What county are you in?

I'm in Rensselaer County.

Some of the stuff I've seen locally is pretty punky but I've gotten to know this guy pretty well...talk to him at little kids birthday parties a couple times a year and run into him at Dunkin' Donuts. I told him to call me anytime he gets his hands on stuff like that.

My sister lives in Ballston Spa. I am over in Madison and Jefferson counties. Looks like you have a good friend.

I hope yer talkin face cords, I'll call that 5-6 FULL cord tops. Let us know when you get it stacked, be intersting to know the outcome............

seems like more than 5 or 6 cord to my eye . he said they are 40 foot lengths.
m
MD

wait maybe the 40 foot length was from another thread..... still looks like more than 6 cord.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back