Loaded up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Perhaps just a wee bit overloaded?

003-2.jpg

F150 loaded with well cured Willow (blush). I posted a similar pic last year of a load going to the same customer. this load is even bigger. In the past the load was 'thrown' except for the rick across the back. Today's had the rick behind the cab and the last rick stacked. Drove out just fine and I do have top-line tires inflated to 50 psi.

This is load two in the process of delivering 4 cords. He called the other day "Can you let me have 4 cords of that lovely wood?" I am trying to squeeze 4 cords into 6 loads. I may stop at a grain elevator and see if they will scale me just out of curiosity.

"Lovely wood"?!!? Willow !!? well, to each his own and I have been heating with it for over 30 years but...lovely?

Harry K

Quite a load in that 150 ! :clap:

I might suggest some air bags, or some other load booster device for the rear suspension....... but it looks like she does pretty well as-is. :cheers:

As long as the front tires are still pretty much on the ground, you're good to go.:laugh:
Years ago I loaded a 71 Ford F-100 with a little over a cord.:dizzy: I had my spare and a tool box on top of the load (way up there). When I hit the road, and started getting up to speed (about 35 mph), all the lug's sheared off the right rear wheel. A dump truck was coming down the road toward me when it happened, and my tool box flew off the load, bounced off the hood and slid right under the duels of the on coming truck. It took me longer to gather up all my sockets & wrenches than it did to transfer the load from one truck to another.
I'm lucky I wasn't under that dump truck. Be carefull with those big loads.

Andy

Kinda reminds me of my first car , I go get my first motor vehicle inspection to get it on the road and the guy says it passes but don't stop at the scalehouse or get pulled over by the DOT because I did not pay enough for my plates :confused: I didn't understand because that was all they asked for , then he let me off the hook and told me with a serious face ... a ton of bondo !
So get a 3/4 ton and a trailer and just think how much more you can abuse the tools....and don't stop at the scalehouse !

:cheers:

Thats a fine load! But I got's to ask about the dent on the side did a round get away from you? I had a round get away from me on the side of a hill/mountain a few weeks ago 18'' pine left one H*** of a dent I thought the snow in the ditch would have slowed it down:monkey:

Last edited:
That dent is a good example of why not to loan out equipment. I let my ex-boss use it for hauling his trash, yard waste, etc. a couple times a year. He always brings it back full of gas. That time he came back and asked if that dent had been there!. I asked how he did it. "backing up". I don't think I could duplicate that manuever.

I don't get it fixed as it is just one more of many "beauty marks". That F150 was cherry right out of a paint shop when I bought it used years ago. I have beat the pee out of it over the years 'wooding'.

Harry K

One heck of a load...!

I have a 2000 F-150 but I'd be leery of loadin' 'er up with as big a load as you! Nice job and that is some lovely lookin' wood too:clap:

and accident waiting to happen:jawdrop: tom trees

Only if something breaks ;)

Put a bit more on for today's load. That was too much, I won't do it again. Looks like my '6 loads for 4 cords' will make it by the looks of the remaining ricks.

Was in a hurry coming home today. Not a good idea as that 15 mile haul is over a very bad blacktop. Rode like a steel wheel wagon what with my tires aired to max rating. Rattled my teeth all 15 miles.

Harry K

Last edited:
Looks a lot better than the junk guys driving around here w/ scrap iron and pallets. I've seen them that looked like the truck had a drop kit on it, lol.

Back