Loading Wrist Injury?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnHermit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've developed wrist pain loading blocks of wood into my pickup. This photo will give you an idea as to the blocks:

11_35Done.jpg

The pickup is a Chevy S10 LB, so not very high. The pain is in my dominant hand wrist, where the wrist joins the lower arm. I'm going to start wearing a wrist brace but I doubt that will be enough.

Has anyone been there, done that and has some advice?

Take it easy for a few days and 800mg of ibuprofen will reduce swelling and promote healing. Consider yourself lucky you didn't hurt your back with rounds like that.

Recently got my right tfcc ligament repaired from throwing stuff and it was real painful to rotate it like I was unlocking a car door.

It happened a few years back but Uncle Sam just fixed it a few months back and it's OK now.

All I can tell you is that wrists can be complicated but you can get by with ibuprofen ...it covers up a lot pain if you have to work.

Wear the brace in the mean time..if it's still painful in a week 10 days you're gonna have to dig in and see the doc for some x-rays...

...just say'en nice pic...a very picturesque place to get hurt.

My dad, a life long arborist, recently retired at the age of 68. His last big tree was the 80 foot maple tree in my back yard. Amazing man.

Anyway, his wrists are shot. His worst is his chainsaw hand, the one he used to hold his tree saw. All the vibration and wrist stress of holding the saw in the extended position, reaching out with one hand to cut smaller branches. He's tried everything from DMSO to Xylitol. Fact is, in his case, his wrist joint is worn out. Next on the list would be to get collagen injections or surgery of some kind.

TS

This won't help with the loading but,work great on the pain or sprain.

Penetran Plus ointment
DMSO cream

mix them together an rub in. Best I have found.Broke 3 ribs once,used this twice a day and was back working in 7 days. I kept useing it for 2 more weeks just to be sure it was healed.

i wonder if those 'arm chaps' would help? ( they are a site sponsor) they look a little pricey but if it helps... because I get wrist pain alot too when I over do it with what ever...

I get wrist pain and numbness in my hands from splitting with the maul. This year I switched to a hydraulic splitter, all better. Ibuprofen, rest the hands and time is the best healer. Also check out how you sleep, if my wrists are sore and I sleep with my head on my hands the next day the wrists will be even worse.

Since loading is causing your soreness, why don't you rip the rounds in half or more so they aren't so heavy?
Dok

Wrist Brace

Today I went to that same spot, see photo, and cut and loaded another pickup load of blocks. I wore this wrist brace, seemed to work well, will know for sure tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

Latest posts

Back