Locust Borer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonseredbred

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It seems one corner of my basement has been invaded by adult Locust Borers. At first I thought maybe they were carried in with some firewood but after checking it all, I found I have no Locust firewood. Everything I have read on them (internet) sez they only attack locust tree's. Could they/would they have been in a different type of wood?

Or are they leaving the Locust tree's out back and finding shelter from the cold in the house?

Are they gonna destroy my house? Without spraying Sevin in my house what else can I do?

It seems one corner of my basement has been invaded by adult Locust Borers. At first I thought maybe they were carried in with some firewood but after checking it all, I found I have no Locust firewood. Everything I have read on them (internet) sez they only attack locust tree's. Could they/would they have been in a different type of wood?

Or are they leaving the Locust tree's out back and finding shelter from the cold in the house?

Are they gonna destroy my house? Without spraying Sevin in my house what else can I do?

Do you have the bug properly identified? If you have pictures I might be able to help. Sevin powder in a basement might be a good alternative. The carbaryl (sp?) isn't that harmful, but you still want to keep kids out of it.

Latest posts

Back