Log and Lumber Truck Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pacific P-16 logging truck with typical load.

attachment.php

Fleet parked for the day. Multiply this by many times and you'll see there were a lot of big logging trucks in use here in BC.
Not so many these days though.

attachment.php

Unloading a normal load from a highway truck. We used Raygo-Wagner L-90 stackers as well as large Cat stackers at the dryland sort in Port Renfrew, back in the day.
They took off bigger loads than the one pictured here.

attachment.php

Clever things that we be, we even used trailer tag-a-longs or "B" trains where we could. Couldn't get that timber out fast enough back then.
Hindsight is great eh?

attachment.php

Take care.

If those logs are going to sawmill it would make unloading easier if you put some stringers under them so a guy could get forks under the load.

If those logs are going to sawmill it would make unloading easier if you put some stringers under them so a guy could get forks under the load.

I did that on the first load. here I take them they unload with a regular grapple loader. They told me not to worry about it. Thanks for the advice though. I only take the grade to the mill the rest is turned into firewood.

Scott

I don't know how you're getting scaled but if I showed up to a mill with a 10' veneer log with 4' of 2 clear sided I'd be selling a 14' with 2 clear sides, FAR less value than that 10 foot veneer, know what I mean? Buck down for grade.

Not to mention what is happening to your footage with that taper.

Pretty white oak though.

I don't know how you're getting scaled but if I showed up to a mill with a 10' veneer log with 4' of 2 clear sided I'd be selling a 14' with 2 clear sides, FAR less value than that 10 foot veneer, know what I mean? Buck down for grade.

Not to mention what is happening to your footage with that taper.

Pretty white oak though.

Right now around here on the scale I sell (which isn't much lumber) grade white oak is only being bought by stave bolt mills. That load scaled a little more then 1200 feet on Doyle scale. It brought $1 a board foot.

Scott

I've seen that "65" Pete on the road. There is actually 2 older trucks. I believe they are called "Vintage Trucking".

Latest posts

Back