Log Length in SW PA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundance

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm trying to locate a source for a truck load near Donegal, PA. Needs to be seasoned enough to burn in a woodstove this year. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks,
Sundance

I won't be of much help on a source for wood two states over, but I think the majority of the AS community will agree that the terms "log length" and "seasoned" don't generally go together. If you need properly seasoned wood for this burning season look for cut/split/stacked wood for sale from a reputable firewood seller. Then, buy the log length load and process it this fall and plan to burn it during the 2014/2015 season. I had a semi load of 8' logs dropped on my property in May and have been cutting it to length recently. The ends of the logs have turned gray from the sun and look seasoned, but cut into a log and its as green as the day it left the forest. Bear in mind guys selling log length wood don't store it for year(s) waiting to get a last minute call from someone looking to heat their home that winter, rather they cut it from the forest, put it on a truck, and deliver it in a matter of days or hours to people who called weeks or months in advance to place their order. At least that's how it works over here in Michigan.

I found a firewood place over here that delivered log length stuff for a decent price, and it could be burnt this year (it had been down two years or more). It all depends on what they have on hand. Might take a few calls but you should be able to find something you can burn this year.

Check the Pennswoods.com classified. There is often an ad for log length firewood from someone in Ebensburg.

Found it:

Firewood/tri-axle load

But as said above, it will need to be CSS and won't be seasoned for this year.

Latest posts

Back