Log length wood sellers in central Ohio?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been looking for a grapple load or two of log length firewood in central Ohio and getting no where at all:confused::confused:
So far I have done the google search thing, placed an ad on Craigs list (what a joke!) and called some sawmills in the area. So far zippo not even a credible lead.
Anyone in the C Ohio area know of somebody who does this? Or somebody that has had some delivered and I can inquire?

Thanks in advance

I googled "Logging company's in central Ohio" came up with a bunch of hits. I cannot vouch for any though.

I'd be interested in what you find out. I've thought about trying to buy some wood this way to get a little ahead.

There is a company in Columbus that does it. I think they are a tree removal company or something but I've driven past their lot and it's a HUGE lot with massive amounts of logs.

I believe they advertise they sell the logs as firewood or sell split wood.

If that doesn't work though, best bet is a logging company. I bought a load once and it was really great sized logs and all hardwoods.

I'm north of Ashland. There are a couple up by me. Only one that is actually fair in pricing and wood type/size.

OK, here is the scoop. Found some wood and made a deal. Problem for anyone very distant is you have to drive here as he is Amish. Ivan Yoder is his name, he owns the first sawmill on the north side of Rt229 in Knox county. He says 8-9 cords depending on how tight it stacks on the truck. Nothing over about 20" nothing under 6-8" all hardwood. Current price is $400 plus the haul. In my case it is cheap as he is logging right down the road. Usually a person can contact him through his driver but he is between drivers at this moment.

There is a company in Columbus that does it. I think they are a tree removal company or something but I've driven past their lot and it's a HUGE lot with massive amounts of logs.

I believe they advertise they sell the logs as firewood or sell split wood.

If that doesn't work though, best bet is a logging company. I bought a load once and it was really great sized logs and all hardwoods.
What area of Columbus are you referring? I would like to check this out.

OK, here is the scoop. Found some wood and made a deal. Problem for anyone very distant is you have to drive here as he is Amish. Ivan Yoder is his name, he owns the first sawmill on the north side of Rt229 in Knox county. He says 8-9 cords depending on how tight it stacks on the truck. Nothing over about 20" nothing under 6-8" all hardwood. Current price is $400 plus the haul. In my case it is cheap as he is logging right down the road. Usually a person can contact him through his driver but he is between drivers at this moment.
That's a great price, I would be all over that if I were you.

Latest posts

Back