Log Score!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobraken

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was ask the other day to go down the road a piece to a Loggers yard and pick up some black walnut. Said they were nice logs, just there was no demand at the mill for them and they were too nice to sell for pulp wood. when i got there ,there were 4 black walnut ranging from 16-22 inches on the butt and very straight all 22-25' long. As we got ready to load them he asked me if i wanted a SYP log that the veneer mill had rejected due to a blue stripe from a suspected lightning strike. I measured it at 26" at the butt almost no taper 20'6" long no visible defects. Was well worth going to get. He said now that he knows i want logs he will hold everything that the mills reject for me. woohoo!!! a steady source of logs!! he said if i want, he will stack them off to the side and when he gets a load, if i will pay the driver who lives near me to deliver them he will bring me a truck load at a time. couldn't ask for better than that!!! Ken

dang--some can fall into a pile, and come out smelling like a rose--ya did good--by not procrastinating--now show us what they look like milled up--ya---

Was ask the other day to go down the road a piece to a Loggers yard and pick up some black walnut. Said they were nice logs, just there was no demand at the mill for them and they were too nice to sell for pulp wood. when i got there ,there were 4 black walnut ranging from 16-22 inches on the butt and very straight all 22-25' long. As we got ready to load them he asked me if i wanted a SYP log that the veneer mill had rejected due to a blue stripe from a suspected lightning strike. I measured it at 26" at the butt almost no taper 20'6" long no visible defects. Was well worth going to get. He said now that he knows i want logs he will hold everything that the mills reject for me. woohoo!!! a steady source of logs!! he said if i want, he will stack them off to the side and when he gets a load, if i will pay the driver who lives near me to deliver them he will bring me a truck load at a time. couldn't ask for better than that!!! Ken
Sounds like a real fine feller , soon to become a fine friend by the sounds of that , looks like you hit the jackpot there . Cheers MM

Latest posts

Back