log splitter damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where abouts in IL are ya??

I will loan out almost any tool i have... except any of my saws. I always look at it as "what it i was in his position and needed that tool"
Iv never been burned, always got my tools back in good condition! :)

Central Il, right outside of Bloomington. For the most part, i get everything back ok also.

Its been raining like cats an dogs here. Im just on the otherside of the river from quincy IL
One of my good friends that i work with on the fire dept is from Quincy. It started here around 430 or so, when we were out for a fire call. Been a steady rain since. so much for dropping some more big dead elms today, gonna be pretty muddy down in the woods where i cut.

Well I'll throw my hat in the ring too.......Personally I am adverse to borrowing anything..my general luck is: ....I borrow an item......I break said item.....I have replace said item with another item of as good or better quality/condition of said borrowed item......the end of the day the lendee has his item back and is happy because the item returned is better than the one lent.......I am unhappy because: (1) I needed a tool because I didn't have one. (2) I broke/lost someones elses tool. (3) I bought a tool that I needed. (4) I gave away the new tool that I needed. (5) I may or may not have accomplished the task before the tool broke. (6) I paid full price for a broken/bent/twisted/useless tool........

Moral of the story........ "Neither a borrower nor a lender be"....If you need it aquire it...learn how to do without it.....or rent it....but that's just me.....

I borrow stuff from time to time because there are some things that just aren't viable to buy, especially when my friendly neighbor has them and they aren't doing any work there either. I do make sure i give everything the way it was and fix it in case i break something. Never have luckily. I did once borrow his chainsaw and broke some teeth of a pretty much worn out chain, but i made sure i gave him a new loop when returning the saw. :)

Back