Log splitter lifts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeske 962

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a friend that has a log splitter and a bad back, he is planning on making some sort of log lift onto it. If any of you have pictures of your splitter and lifts could you post them to give us some ideas! He is looking at both a side lift style or a post and hoist system. All pictures are welcome.

Joe :camera:

Here's a link that I tucked away in my favorites for when I am ready to build a lift. Very good thread. It's amazing what some of the guys on this site can do. If your buddy has a bad back take a look at Blazin's post and recommend a table for him as well. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=78862

Last edited:
I took a different approach when I added a lift to mine. I already had a battery (electric start), so instead of playing with the hydraulic side of things, I used a cheap power in/out winch. You can get an idea from the pic:

My splittter is not typical so the lift system may be difficult to adapt to other splitters. It consists of the lift cradle,1foot of chain ( for adjustment ), 5 feet of cable, and a pulley. The cable hooks to the back edge of the slide and the lift raises with each stroke of the cylinder.

I took a different approach when I added a lift to mine. I already had a battery (electric start), so instead of playing with the hydraulic side of things, I used a cheap power in/out winch. You can get an idea from the pic:

I sure wish I wouldn't have looked at this picture of the split elm. That brought back a reoccurring nightmare of when I burned elm. I didn't have a splitter then and all the elm was split with an ax or wedges and a maul!
Them were the "good old days"!! :censored:

Jim

I sure wish I wouldn't have looked at this picture of the split elm. That brought back a reoccurring nightmare of when I burned elm. I didn't have a splitter then and all the elm was split with an ax or wedges and a maul!
Them were the "good old days"!! :censored:

Jim

What makes you think that was elm??:hmm3grin2orange:

reply to posts

Thanks for the replies so far, he was thinking on the order of the one using a cable to the back stroke on the ram to lift the log. All the pictures are helpful.
Joe

Latest posts

Back