Log Splitter Pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought and installed the 28 gpm on my splitter. I paid about the same price as this ad. Mine was the haldex pump also, I don't know about the MTE brand pumps, but haldex has always had a good rep, and mine performs perfectly, pm me if your interested in a used 11 gpm 2 stage.

Haldex or MTE is like the Chevy vs Ford opinions. More splitter manufacturers have been switching to MTE pumps. Because the high volume splitter manufacturers use them the majority of units produced in the last year or two now come with MTE pumps.

How much better does the bigger pump preform over the 11gpm?

The higher the gpm the faster your cycle times will be on the same size cylinder. The bigger pump requires a bigger motor though, I have a haldex 11gpm behind a 3HP Honda and it runs just fine. The pump is supposed to have a 5HP pushing it though. I think that 3HP Honda has a little more torque than a 3HP Briggs that is able to keep it spinning. I have broke more welds with that little setup than I care to deal with, one of these days I am going to get a quality piece of I beam to weld to.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back