Logging and Boy Scouts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 years ago BSA national was alerted to these upcomming articles. Hearst owns 16 daily newspapers and most are in financial trouble. It is possible this series of articles in over 50 newspapers is a last ditch effort to prop up a failing company. The Seattle P-I will be around for another 30 days and then it will be gone. Dern good thing I say.

Anyway the writers had their marching orders, detroy the last bastion of conservative values. The Boy Scouts of America! You will notice many innuedos and "sources". Most of the situations reported on happened many years ago. Our local council had to spend over a million dollars to install a fish ladder in the Little Sur River. One sentance in the local paper refered to this when the entire article talked about a fish kill a decade ago because of no ladder. 30 fish BTW.

The newspaper you read probably has a website. Go to it and tell them what you think of the article and the reporter. There are nearly a million boys couting on us.

More to follow. BTW this was series of articles has benn called a "hit piece".

Last edited:
I am an Eagle Scout. I have trekked Philmont Scout Ranch. 7 days in the back country. Anyone who has been there knows that place would be devestated by a wildfire because of all the brush and dead wood. That place needs some "cleanup." It is one of the most beautiful places i've been to and needs to be managed responsibly.

+1 well said :clap:

Latest posts

Back