Logging Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Come on guys are we the only few loggers here on AS ... The Logging sector is getting kinda lonely over here ... I know I have been gone a while but before I was absent there was alot more logging / forestry members here..now we're done to five or six :( There are'nt many places on the internet where us loggers can talk with eachother , about anything , ideas , ways to improve your logging operation , fuel prices , issues involving goverment and state timber harvesting regulations , equipment costs , reviews.. Come on guys lets get the ball rolling....we're being taken over by the arborist's no offense to them in any way but we have a logging section here and it rarely sees a new post.. Tell all your logging friends , relatives , co workers about us I would personally would like to be able to interact with loggers all over the US and Canada and get to know more about the way different logging ops are run all over the place.

Rob

Hello, I am a full time logger. I live in Carleton, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have made a living with a saw since 1993. Worked at a sawmill for 12 years before that. We use a C6 porter and a C4 skidder. I cut logs,pulp,firewood. Chainsaws only.

Hanging in over here but fighting the production woes as my skidder driver isn't worth a flip! As soon as I find someone better he's outta here! I should be getting anywhere from 5-6 tandums a day to the mill but am only getting 3!

Ok. tell ya about our latest adventure, They moved us to a Arkansas state forest tract out of Camden Ar. there is 30'' dbh trees everywhere , not cutting anymore but have to go out and buck 16s and trim em cause the 460 wont pull em with the top and anyways the delimber cant handle em , nice trees get a 16 off the butt 43foot and 25 off the top.ta die for stuff. still dont have that cam, this would be a fine job for pics.

Hey Stihl Crazy glad to hear there are some ol treefarmer machines up that way , I used to have a C4-D cable was a good machine till I blew the front end and could'nt locate parts . So how is the logging up in Canada going ?

Mr.Mike always the comedian..LOL how have you been ?? Stayin busy , how is the log trailer doing still in one piece ? Let us know

Whats up Ryan I know a good skidder operator :) wont mention any names.. Did you get the 540 yet ? I remember you said u may be getting it soon. Hows the timber on that job ? Oh yeah how do u like havin a loader and slasher set up , alot faster than bucking with saw ?

429 get that cam man , would love to see some pics of the jobs your workin on , sounds like some very nice timber your harvesting down there..suprised the 460 wont pull it those skidders are usually beasts.Which model is the 460 ? I know the D will pull a house down ..no stopping that machine in mud ..

Well fellas keep it coming..

Rob

StIhL MaGnUm said:
Mr.Mike always the comedian..LOL how have you been ?? Stayin busy , how is the log trailer doing still in one piece ? Let us know

Too busy. The trailer is doing pretty good. It's not perfect and has it's limitations but for my small operation it's good. A few quality issues to be addressed but JMS has been pretty good about warranty coverage even if only one guy at the plant speaks English. Nothing like a 4 way conference call while french-english is being translated back and forth.

Sounds like a fun conversation Mike.. Well glad to hear so far it's been pretty good to you . A friend of mine is thinking about getting one for his woodlot , see what he decides to get

Back