logging in ireland..including a 395 xp ruined

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw get crushed by a tree or errant forwarder operator? Nice wood, I'd like some seat time in the harvester there.

yeah, forwarder operator..its the boss's saw, not mine thank god..last load coming out on a friday evening...was nobodys fault really...was some huge spruce on that job(well huge for ireland). harvester is too small for those jobs really..he's looking for a full time harvester driver!!

Ruined is not an adequate description for the saw. Glad it wasn't yours. Nice pics otherwise.

Not really, just parts really, it could run again, #### happens.

Thanks for the pics, great to see another place.

Decent sized pole wood. Looks like the saw was trying to claim workers comp :help: Surprised they dont use a few hand fallers for the wood a machine cant handle.

The thing to remember about Ireland is any wood that is for logging is managed and generally on the small side compared to what where used to in the states. Don't get me wrong they have some really nice wood in places like Killarney... but its a National park and so no touching. So what you see in them pictures is big wood. You thank sheep and Cromwell for Ireland's lack of decent forest:eek2:

The thing to remember about Ireland is any wood that is for logging is managed and generally on the small side compared to what where used to in the states. Don't get me wrong they have some really nice wood in places like Killarney... but its a National park and so no touching. So what you see in them pictures is big wood. You thank sheep and Cromwell for Ireland's lack of decent forest:eek2:

and over this side the commission lol

One would assume(maybe incorrectly) that the saw was in the woods because a faller brought it there. It could have walked though

Well, considering where the comment came from:hmm3grin2orange:2 weeks just flies by!

Decent sized pole wood. Looks like the saw was trying to claim workers comp :help: Surprised they dont use a few hand fallers for the wood a machine cant handle.

we do..it's me, and the boss does it when theres enough for 2 sawmen...

Dumb question I know.
But,what did happen to all the trees in Ireland?
How the heck does one drive a log truck there!
I could Barely keep a sub sub compact on the road.
Family and i had a wonderful trip there last summer. :sheep:

1: many trees where cut to build ships in defense against the Spanish, French, and whoever the Brits thought consituted a threat...

2: more where cut to provide grazing land for sheep.

3: whatever was left was burned by Sir Oliver Cromwell so that those Irish still alive and not sold as slaves in the Carribean couldn't heat there homes or hide in the bushes and fight back, hence the term to hell or conoughct (spelling...) note it didn't work...

The trucks are flat nosed and run short logs... with a loader in the middle.

besides the roads aren't that bad its just the speed limits your not used to... 100k is really only 63mph, so what if its on a winding country lane that would normally be 25-35 mph here in the states... with tour buses and lorrys taking equal space... any way the mirrors are spring loaded on purpose and maybe you noticed the hubcaps are all zip tied on?:cool2:

What some of the guys mean is that there no where near the fallers this side of the pond as there is stateside.

i'm aware of that..i wouldn't mind trying it over there...surely the money cant be any worse than here..

Back