Logging in the UP pt 2 -The ivory

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramblewood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As discussed in the first thread on this subject, a lot of elephants died to make the world safe for pianos . These pics show: the special tusks for Steinway Piano; a yard man with a giant tusk; the vault-like ivory house; the collection of pieces found with bullets; and the women sorting blanks by color in the south facing windows set up specifically for natural light . I tried to include a picture of a man putting complete sets of key blanks into racks for the bleaching house mentioned earlier but have exceeded the 5 photos allowed per post . Will post it next .
In the bullet pictures, you can make out the nasty growth inside the nerve canal of the tusk after years of festering bullet wounds . The traders would give old guns to the locals and with minimal training, send them out to shoot anything they could . Clearly they could have used some time at the range . I have these pieces and they look like a HUGE toothache .

As discussed in the first thread on this subject, a lot of elephants died to make the world safe for pianos . These pics show: the special tusks for Steinway Piano; a yard man with a giant tusk; the vault-like ivory house; the collection of pieces found with bullets; and the women sorting blanks by color in the south facing windows set up specifically for natural light . I tried to include a picture of a man putting complete sets of key blanks into racks for the bleaching house mentioned earlier but have exceeded the 5 photos allowed per post . Will post it next .
In the bullet pictures, you can make out the nasty growth inside the nerve canal of the tusk after years of festering bullet wounds . The traders would give old guns to the locals and with minimal training, send them out to shoot anything they could . Clearly they could have used some time at the range . I have these pieces and they look like a HUGE toothache .

Here is the bleach house picture .

Latest posts

Back