logging opportunity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda bummed this turned bogus, being on the West Coast, I've never seen a hardwood tree that wasn't planted in someone"s yard. I was out in the shed putting 20" bars on six cube saws, seein' if I had half wraps and some baby teeth dawgs, so's I could fake my way in.

RM, don't feel left out - even here in hardwood country if it weren't for yards and fence rows, I wouldn't have any 6 cube hardwood to cut. As a weekend firewooder, I bag very very very few over 30" in the woods; all easily within the 5 cube range. I'm sure the loggers get into some nice stuff but I dare say most to be handled with less than 6 cubes. Ron

5 footers are fun enough, and a bastard to move with my little skidder... not sure what I would do with anything bigger... short of renting a large Cat... even then who's going to load it? Them 5' ceders where fun enough, the self loader jockeys get nervous on anything over 40"...

I do have the luxury of having 2 mills near here that can cut 5' or better wood, one of goes to 9'...

And I was tickled about a 37" oak today...........way to ruin it guys! LOL On a side note I did springboard that shoolmarm. Both stems were 22" and topped out at 50' each. Got some cool pictures. Had fun with it, not everyday you get to do that sorta thing around these parts.

message deleted due to non interest

Guess I will need to keep this in mind about the new forum software. Quotes can be deleted. Need to remember to copy paste on these juicy ones.

So any whooo, I got this nice island out in Lake Gichigami, never been logged. Start the bidding Eh. :laughing:

Back