logging WTF.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but think about it for a minute. How many times in your life would you have the chance to do something that unique?

I did think about it. I started to end my post with the fact that I would love to be able to say I rode a flying Cat and had a video to prove it. In reality though just thinking about how heavy that little Cat is would have more likely than not kept me on terra firma. I sure would have encouraged another to go for it. And I would brag about knowing the guy unless of course he became the proverbial straw. Ron

Yeah, but think about it for a minute. How many times in your life would you have the chance to do something that unique?

i guess osha doesn't like people dangling from cables ,guy got a big fine a few years ago using a crane to lift a guy up ,with full harness of course to top a tree , i don't see how it's any different than what the ski resorts have ,looks perfectly safe ;)

Yup. Ski lifts are so safe, it worries me. Let me see, there were 2 chances to stop it if it started running away backwards. An electronic control and a hand pulled brake. This was in 1978, so maybe there are more safeguards. The control room burned up that winter for the main lift, so they wired it back together and the lifties were told only to shut it down if somebody was about to die. I ran what we called the lobotomy chair--the beginner chair.

One summer the lift did go out of control and threw some people off. It had been overloaded with people riding it downhill. That was the end of taking a shortcut to get to the Pacific Crest Trail.

I turned down an offer to ride the rigging up the hill. It was a steep hill, but I made it up to the landing just a bit after the crew did. The yarder engineer went super slow. The boss's kid was riding. Dad showed up the next day and read the riot act to the crew for doing that.

After seeing carriages and yarders break down, there's no way I'd want to ride that cat or the rigging. But I'd take pictures of you guys doing it.

given the chance, I'd do it, osha be damned... maybe keep the tracks turning the whole time make it look like GTA, put on some red white and blue leather union suit from the 70's:msp_w00t:

I'd wear a cape and bring my bat man repelling gear strapped to my wedge belt of stupidity... might even put the chin strap back in my tin hat.

Gods damned there really is something wrong with me

40 ton of cat on a cable, another 225lbs isn't going to matter.
Just DO NOT post the video, that's were trouble begins; no proof for osha

Possibly only once.....:biggrin:

You wouldn't catch your ol' son Jake up there, no sireee, I aint lost nothin up there that I need to go looking for it

attachment.php

Back