Logosol F2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGM40ford

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a Logosol F2 chainsaw mill that I have absolutely no use for, because I live in a desert.
It is the unit only no chain saw with it, still in the boxes, they have some water stains on them but it is made of aluminum so I don't think that is an issue.
Do these thing work well, is there a market for them ?

Ok so I have a Logosol F2 chainsaw mill that I have absolutely no use for, because I live in a desert.
It is the unit only no chain saw with it, still in the boxes, they have some water stains on them but it is made of aluminum so I don't think that is an issue.
Do these thing work well, is there a market for them ?
I sent you a pm.

Great for small (12'"or so) logs. Cantilevered bar design is not good for bigger logs.
Seems to be an undated version of their earlier mills.

I've had a M5 since the 1990s and you can do much bigger logs than 12". If I put a 25" bar on my 066 I can do ~30" logs if I square up two sides first. Cuts are true and no issues with the bar.

I don't doubt that the older versions were better. I had the opportunity to run an f2 + belonging to a neighbor
, And I was not impressed with it at all. I think that for smaller logs, particularly soft woods, it is okay, but I could not get a level cut on anything bigger than 18 in. (With 28-in bar, which is the maximum allowed with that frame.)
One thing to keep in mind, is that this thing is really made for Europe where their standing timber is generally soft wood and smaller diameter.

I don't doubt that the older versions were better. I had the opportunity to run an f2 + belonging to a neighbor
, And I was not impressed with it at all. I think that for smaller logs, particularly soft woods, it is okay, but I could not get a level cut on anything bigger than 18 in. (With 28-in bar, which is the maximum allowed with that frame.)
One thing to keep in mind, is that this thing is really made for Europe where their standing timber is generally soft wood and smaller diameter.
You can mill larger logs by Inverting mill upside down on the log; never done it, but read the process; I may try it the next time I take down one of my 80+yo Oaks. BUT, Yes, was designed for Swedish snow country building 1-man Log Cabins.

Guy just about gave me one after a trade show a some years ago...I didn't like it. I gave it to guy that used to work for us and he didn't like it either. It's probably beer cans by now.

I've done stacks of random width (6-18") 5/4 black cherry I did with my M5 . Boards on bottom of this stack are ~12'. Widths are smaller.5:4 cherry.jpgDSC_0085.JPGDSC_0086.JPG

Latest posts

Back