LOL, this is getting outa hand!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Well, the last two weeks I've had 2 saws show up at my door, this morning I went out to the garage and low and behold a saw sitting on the floor. I was like hmmm where did that come from, I swear I didn't have that before. I got enough saw projects to last me until and through next winter. LOL LOL

Here's the last 2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Strays

Not such a bad thing -- it could be stray pets (or children) -- plus you have the option to decide...which project do I want to work on today?

Enjoy!

Will- That's a sweet 5200 man. Those had thin-ring pistons, you best get to work hopping that thing up!

Ya, cool. Just out a curiosity sake, I gassed it up and tried to start it. DAM this thing has some serious compression, I'm not a small guy, and I could barely pull it over, seriously though, I had a hard time, I even stood on it and then tried, I kept ripping the saw out from under my foot!!!! What to do???

If you don't have any time for that poor old Poulan I could help ya out.

Ya know I'm the only one around here that likes them anyway.

Ha ha LOL, I think I'll keep it. Thanks for the offer though.

Not such a bad thing -- it could be stray pets (or children) -- plus you have the option to decide...which project do I want to work on today?

Enjoy!

Ya, I guess, I wasn't unhappy about it!! Kinda funny that's all.

Tonight I will pray that a 3120 show up at the door. Hmm, well maybe a 088 that'll do as well.

Ya, cool. Just out a curiosity sake, I gassed it up and tried to start it. DAM this thing has some serious compression, I'm not a small guy, and I could barely pull it over, seriously though, I had a hard time, I even stood on it and then tried, I kept ripping the saw out from under my foot!!!! What to do???

Sounds like trying to start my SXL925. I've been thinking about some drop in achors in my shop floor so I could bolt the saw to the floor!

Guess thats not much of an option out in the woods though.

You put a 42" bar and chain on it so it's nose heavy. :)

My dad ran one in the woods with a 36". It would pull a 42" occasionally. It was one of his favorite saws for years. Somewhere I have a picture of him finishing a back cut in a big fir with the 5200 and getting a set of the BIG Silvey tree jacks dialed in. :clap:

My dad ran one in the woods with a 36". It would pull a 42" occasionally. It was one of his favorite saws for years. Somewhere I have a picture of him finishing a back cut in a big fir with the 5200 and getting a set of the BIG Silvey tree jacks dialed in. :clap:

Cool, I'd like to see some of your old photos some day, if ya ever get them on the computer.

Will

I assumed at first that the 5200 was 52cc. Nope, 5.2 c.i.
That could be fun to pull-start if it has strong compression.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/c8b4625939cf439e88256bfa0018f9ce?OpenDocument

Anybody know how big the engine was on the early model 5200?
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/e92a731e827394c788256b34007f3132?OpenDocument

I assumed at first that the 5200 was 52cc. Nope, 5.2 c.i.
That could be fun to pull-start if it has strong compression.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/c8b4625939cf439e88256bfa0018f9ce?OpenDocument

Anybody know how big the engine was on the early model 5200?
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/e92a731e827394c788256b34007f3132?OpenDocument

Yup its 85cc, its a dang beast to pull over, the recoil is a little worn out on this, sometimes it doesn't catch, I assume its worn from the huge compression.

Xl12

I picked up a Homelite XL12 like that at an estate sale for $5. Runs great! Have'nt been able to find a bar and new sprocket for it. Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Back