Long bar options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey all, having some trouble finding the right bar for my 880. I bought it New with a 41” to mill my small/medium logs with, a 25” just to have and cut occasionally with. I’m looking for a 60-66” (72” seems a bit overkill for what I encounter realistically) bar exclusively to mill with.

- I know cannon makes a superbar that’s 60”
- stihl makes what they call a 59/60” but from what I’ve seen with them they have a lot of flex which isn’t great for milling
- gb makes long bars but I haven’t looked into them much.

Anybody have any experience with any of these?

A 72” seems nice just Incase I need it but Chain is more expensive and a 72” is just unwieldy imo

I can't imagine any bar that long that wouldn't have some flexibility to it

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The 60” stihl bar are exceptionally flaxible, even my 41” has more flex than the 42” Oregon bar I had in the past... from what I’ve seen price wise the cannon bar is only $100 more

For $100 more, just go with the Cannon.

There’s a guy on eBay selling the 60” Cannon SuperBar for $399 + $50 for the ride. I’m debating wether I should get a 60” or a 72” the same guy on eBay has the 72” for $465 + $60 to ship. $75 difference, not sure if the extra capacity is worth the hassle of a 6” bar

Latest posts

Back