Long Log Analysis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually trim the real long ones as I'm stacking. If I notice one sticking out noticeably longer than the rest, I cut it down then. The stack holds it well enough as long as there is a layer or two on top of the offending piece.

Ian

Put some wood in that will fit and heat the stove walls to a nice cherry red color. Then grab a spud bar or something that will reach the back wall of the stove and just start hammering away.

If it fits in my splitter it will fit in the stove. You need to be sure your splitter is calibrated properly.:)

Usually I get them caught before they get stacked in the shed.

Don

What is a LOML? Is that a new version of LOL or something like that?
Maybe it is a new breed of dog, I have always wanted to train a dog to load the stove for me.
LOML = Love of My Life:

LOML - What does LOML stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary.

Most of the time it means a man referring to his wife or a woman referring to her husband. However, it could be a boy referring to his girlfriend or a girl referring to her boyfriend, and so on. Got it? I guess it could mean me referring to this lady:
MartinaMcBride.png

man this is emabrassing....what a thread... cutting wet shrunkin down firewood with an electric chainsaw in the living room while Martina Mcbride crows telling you" you cut the wood too long again!"

Last edited:
:(I've never had the LOML (at the time) tell me my wood was too long..

I have had a few laughs reading this thread. Out of the thousands of sticks of wood we burn each year not too many of them get past the various inspectors and arrive in the house too long to fit. However, on that rare occasion, they get pitched back out the door for adjustment or to the workshop woodburner. Come on guys, is that your only piece of wood and a solution needs to be found? It is a funny read though.

In all seriousness, I have been surprised once or twice when I can't get a piece all of the way in. This is a problem when burning Hedge, as there is usually a spark storm as soon as you open the door; you best be quick! Not a problem if there is snow outside you can throw the now smoldering log into, but scary if not.

In all seriousness, I have been surprised once or twice when I can't get a piece all of the way in. This is a problem when burning Hedge, as there is usually a spark storm as soon as you open the door; you best be quick! Not a problem if there is snow outside you can throw the now smoldering log into, but scary if not.

This is when you need the pot of hot water ready to shrink it down..:laugh:

When my wood gets too big, I hop into a cold shower and it shrivels right up.

Latest posts

Back