Looking for a good used stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a good used Stihl firewood saw, I have to put in a plug for the 034. I picked one up from a yard sale about 2 years ago. Don't ask the price...you'll hate me. It gets used more than any other saw I own.
To late: You have it in your signature at the buttom:clap:
But i ended up picking up an 038 on ebay for $222 out the door. Apparently, he has rebuilt the pistons and compression is good (again, apparently). I plan on getting it checked out and I will probably have to drop another $100 into it, but still, from what I read, it is a good saw. But, I do plan on keeping my other saw around to help with limbing (i'm having a hard time parting with my first :biggrinbounce2: , thus my collection starts)

For a good used Stihl firewood saw, I have to put in a plug for the 034. I picked one up from a yard sale about 2 years ago. Don't ask the price...you'll hate me. It gets used more than any other saw I own.

Got my 028WB for $25 at a yard sale. Fresh gas two pulls.....you know the story.

To late: You have it in your signature at the buttom:clap:
But i ended up picking up an 038 on ebay for $222 out the door. Apparently, he has rebuilt the pistons and compression is good (again, apparently). I plan on getting it checked out and I will probably have to drop another $100 into it, but still, from what I read, it is a good saw. But, I do plan on keeping my other saw around to help with limbing (i'm having a hard time parting with my first :biggrinbounce2: , thus my collection starts)

Oops, dang you're right. Cat's out of the bag.:) 038 is a good machine. Is there a reason you think you'll need another $100 into it?

Back