Looking For A Home Owners Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll said:
Yes, but also the way that it (the plastic) is put together. It just leaves an el cheepo feeling, especially on the cluch side of the saws - even my Poulan made Partner 351 (34 cc) leaves a better impression there.
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

But the main issue is the air filtration and the vibes - the other issues are more or less subjective.

Why plastic is better:

Cost
weight
noise reduction
vibration dampening
impact resistance
doesn't corrode
looks (maintains color)
doesn't dent
durability

of note Boeing 787 dreamliner will have large parts of fueselage made of Plastic :hmm3grin2orange:

Anyway, retoocs555 is right that the plastic on the cheaper Stihls feel mote plasticy/cheaper than on the comparable Huskys.

Now I feel just the opposite. The Lowes and Sears Huskys I pick up and study while my wife is looking at paint feel as though they would rattle apart. The anti-vibe springs let the whole engine body flop around and the plastic doesn't look as clean and sturdy. But who knows, if truth be told Stihl and Husky probably get plastic extrusions from the same place. Also I am not totally against plastic, my favorite pistol is made mostly form plastic. Long Live Glock:D

I know I'm beating a dead horse here butif he can find one I climb with a 141 husky all the time.It has been a good dependable saw and has seen alot of heavy use in the last few months.I did however take the spur sprocket of and put a rim and drum system on 325. pitch chain and it still cuts nicely.Be sure to take the junk champion spark plug out that comes factory.

Uhhh Right?

I know I'm beating a dead horse here butif he can find one I climb with a 141 husky all the time.It has been a good dependable saw and has seen alot of heavy use in the last few months.I did however take the spur sprocket of and put a rim and drum system on 325. pitch chain and it still cuts nicely.Be sure to take the junk champion spark plug out that comes factory.

If he hasn't found a saw yet, in the LAST YEAR, then he may be overanalyzing the situation.

Jason

Latest posts

Back