looking for a new insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Buck Stove Company, this is what my parents had when I was growing up it was a insert and it did a great job on their 2 story 2800 sq. ft home. I just put a new freestanding Buck in this weekend and love it, plus they are made in the US and are priced resonable.

well found a local company that sells and installs wood burning inserts and this is the model I was inquiring about earlier. Performer™ C210 | Fireplace Inserts | Lennox Hearth Products

they have them and seems to be a reasonable price to install with a new protective dual lined firebox for it to be placed in and new stainless steel liner for it as well as the blower motor too..Guy is coming out on tuesday to get some measurements and pics of what he will be working with and maybe just maybe I can have a couple weeks of wood burning joy out of it before spring gets here..

That is a nice looking stove but it has less BTU's than my previous regency insert did. I am looking for something in at least 60 to 70 thousand btu's because the last one I had was a 1000sq ft model and it could only keep it about 70 degrees on a cold day in the house. I want something that can keep it at least 73 on single digit days and that heats at least 1500 to 2000 sq ft of living space. I have very high ceilings. Im pretty impressed with the medium sized lennox insert model that Im going to talk to a dealer about having installed on tuesday but nothing is in writing or paid for yet so it could change depends on if I like what he says or not..lol..

Back