Looking for a semi load of seasoned fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate132004

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Northern lower Michigan looking for 15-20 pulp cord. Seasoned oak, maple, beech. Or open for suggestions and deals. Zip code 49769. Easy unload right by road. Pm me quotes if you prefer. Thanks. Looking for delivery when snows gone

google Chris Muma Forest Products, Gladwin, MI. 20 cord loads. Seasoned? I don't know about that. You need to cut and split to season firewood. I've bought my last two loads from him, and will continue to do so. I suspect price varies depending on mileage. I would also buy now if you need a load, before the frost laws take effect.

Im not looking for a few years seasoned, just want it on the ground already. Bought last year and got screwed with some real green stuff that seemed like it was cut the week before.

But thanks for the lead! I'll check into it.

I always assumed semi-loads were green as in cut in the last couple of weeks. Aren't they tops and limbs of the marketable logs or at least the unmarketable lumber. Although I do remember now about a local tree company that sells semi-loads of logs. Probably aged some (as in weeks or couple of months) but certainly still too green for good burning now.

That's true!. Love it up here. So peaceful. Nothing like getting lost in the woods all day long with a trout stream. Doing some fishing on black lake?

That's true!. Love it up here. So peaceful. Nothing like getting lost in the woods all day long with a trout stream. Doing some fishing on black lake?
I would love to fish that lake but, I have been going up thr last several years to play golf. That is one beautiful and hard course.

Jason lutke may work also. I don't think I have ever seen "seasond" pulp cords. If you can find some ash that should be dry by next year.

Unless your local Logging industry is In really rough shape I doubt you will find
Logs that were cut last year. Loggers and truckers want to move wood fast and can't afford to hang on to it for long. Like someone else mentioned you should try to get the logs delivered before weight restrictions kick in or you will be set back even longer.

Muma seems to be a large contract harvesting operation. Sometimes they have logs stockpiled from last years cutting. I believe they charge a bit more for these so I have not tried that. Can't imagine that it would make much difference but will soon find out. I have half a truck load of logs from last summer that I have not processed and will soon begin on, after I finish some more racks this week for stacking. I went with Muma after several people on the ArboristSite suggested him. [I bought two loads from another guy. The first one was promising, the second load was terrible. Twisted up stuff, hangers on intertwined making the pile more dangerous to work, and dreadfully shorted me. Looked like they cleaned up the landing and put it on a truck.] I bought two loads and a friend bought one from Muma last year. All three good loads thru and thru. Very pleased...

Another vote for Chris Muma. My experience with them goes back to the mid-80's and every one of them has been positive. You'll get quality wood delivered exactly when they say it will be there.

I do not think there is a such thing as seasoned logs. Last year I bought stuff that was sitting a couple of years and when I cut into them they were wet, except for the ends.

Latest posts

Back