looking for a skidder in mt. vernon wa. area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da new feller

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey,
i'm on the olympic penninsula and just came across a job in mt. vernon. a woman has a 40 acre piece with some maple and alder.there are 3 maples promised to me if i accept the job and some where along the lines of 40-60 alder. the maple i'm hoping to be full of figure, i have a buddy that deals in nothing but maple and cedar. the alder on the average are at least 14" to 20" dia. at 5' to 6' from the ground. they are all in about a 5 to 7 acre area. i haven't actually been there yet but have seen some pics. (which i'll try to attach) the alders are in somewhat of a low area that see's little sun, which is why a skidder is probably the only way to retreive them. the last time i checked alder peelers were going for around $1500 a thous. at these diameters it looks fairly promising. so if there is a local guy (mount vernon'ish area) w/ a skidder, i would do all the felling limbing and bucking and arrange trucks to haul to the mill, let me know and we can chat a little more. time is kinda a factor, there is another guy that was supposed to go look at the alders but evidently lost interest as she has not heard back from him. she would like this done soooon. well, i can't make file smaller to fit, but if interested i can email pics. to you

thank you, Jon

Latest posts

Back