Looking for a smaller saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little saw shopping...

Based on everyone’s suggestions, I did a little saw shopping. Unfortunately, Echos and Dolmars seem to be pretty scarce around here…I could physically buy a Dolmar, but the nearest service tech is about 40 miles away.

Went to the local Stihl dealer, and tested a 260, and a 361. While I was deciding between the two, the dealer also brought out a 660 in case I was considering retiring my old saw. Apparently, the 660 is the replacement for the saw that replaced my 056. The 660 only had a 24” inch bar on it, so it wasn’t a completely fair comparison, but the thing cut like mad.

I checked out Huskys at a couple different dealers in the area. The 357 looked like a nice little saw…someone suggested that I check out a 372, but apparently that one has been discontinued and replaced by the 575. Neither Husky dealer was set up to try out the saws. I wasn’t real crazy about buying something without trying it.

Ended up getting a 361 with a 20” bar. The dealer charged me list price, but he threw a free pair of chaps with Kevlar in them and an extra chain. He also spent almost 2 hours answering my dumb questions and helping me decide.
b

Longer Bar

Just get a longer bar for the 056 then you don't have to bend over, just swing it like a weed eater (just don't forget your chaps).

LOL...It's already got a 32" bar on it, but I am about 6'3" so maybe I should have been thinking bigger saw not smaller?

Never heard of kevlar chaps before today. Will get some good use out of the pair that I got with my new saw.

.... someone suggested that I check out a 372, but apparently that one has been discontinued and replaced by the 575. ....

That is not really true, the 372xp is still out there for a few months, even though it has been officially discontinued for years......

....they just had to issue a few more, each time, because of popular demand.

It even made it back into the catalog, for 2008 - so that dealer is a bit off.....

Just a guess, sort of, but I will not be surpriced if production continues in Brazil, when it quits in Sweden - but then for different markets.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back