• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for help thinning near Evergreen CO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencerhenry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am going to be doing some thinning and general cleanup at the Echo Mtn ski area this summer. The project will be mostly thinning with some cleanup as well. I intend to grind or chip most of the wood, ideally with a Mountain Goat or similar. It his about 10,000 feet of elevation and it averages about 16% grade. I am handfalling, then bunching with a mini-ex with a grapple. I am hoping to not skid much if any, leaving the chips where they fall. It is Engleman spruce, sub Alpine fir, and lodgepole pine.
I could use a guy or two to run an excavator and the grinder or to fell. I plan on working 4 days a week, camping at the site. I estimate about 6 weeks to complete the project.
Anyone interested?

I am going to be doing some thinning and general cleanup at the Echo Mtn ski area this summer. The project will be mostly thinning with some cleanup as well. I intend to grind or chip most of the wood, ideally with a Mountain Goat or similar. It his about 10,000 feet of elevation and it averages about 16% grade. I am handfalling, then bunching with a mini-ex with a grapple. I am hoping to not skid much if any, leaving the chips where they fall. It is Engleman spruce, sub Alpine fir, and lodgepole pine.
I could use a guy or two to run an excavator and the grinder or to fell. I plan on working 4 days a week, camping at the site. I estimate about 6 weeks to complete the project.
Anyone interested?
I realize that this is a fairly dated post,but was curious if this project has been completed and if not have any or all the positions been filled? Very interested! Thank You, Matt....

Latest posts

Back