Looking for Homelite C-9 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking to buy a good used muffler for a Homelite C-91! Are the C-91 and XL-400 the same size mufflers! Or is the XL-400 one smaller! I'm just looking for the rectangular shaped type deflector. NOt the actually big muffler that are on some! Email me or post here if you have one you'd like to sell me! Thanks!

Looking to buy a good used muffler for a Homelite C-91! Are the C-91 and XL-400 the same size mufflers! Or is the XL-400 one smaller! I'm just looking for the rectangular shaped type deflector. NOt the actually big muffler that are on some! Email me or post here if you have one you'd like to sell me! Thanks!

i take you have the C-91 well if you need a ipl for it we have them on CD format

just to let you know
i looked at both models the XL-400 and the C-91 and they do not match on the muffler at all two totally seperate parts

so i guess that can answer your question below you will have your part #s im giving you these for your reference

Cap - 58425-A
Stud - 59337
Baffle - 58423-A
Body - A-58419
Deflector Air - 58639

and if you need any other part #s let me know i dont mind looking but it can take time doing so

hope this helps you find what you need in a couple months i will be getting some parts saws in and within them are a couple of the C series saws

so just letting you know

calvin

and hope you can get this decent made saw back in shape compared to now adays saws made in china almost all them are

today

I was on the phone with Baileys today and they have a Carlton 21" bar for the C series Homelite saws. $34.95
I was looking for a 24" for my C5 which just got running again after the 3rd motor shop looked at it. Baileys said a bar that length was not available for the old Homies but that they recommended a Harvester Bar 29" sproket tip. It was a laminated bar, cheap but since I am not in a woodcutting business and only use it for my own firewood they said I would not likely wear it out uness I was cutting 30 cords of wood a season. Even so, it was only $20.

Back