Looking For MS440 or 12 mm 044 Parts Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this in the Trading Post section, but not much response.

I want to build a 440/460 hybrid, so I'm basically looking for a complete saw in good condition that has a fried P&C.

If anyone has something, I'd appreciate a PM.

Thanks

I thought the 10mm 044 was the bestest all time saw in the whole world? at least thats what you ran around telling everyone in every Stihl, Husky and Dolmar thread, and even in some other non related threads. So why would you want a lesser saw now? :laughing:

Hey its too bad, got a guy coming out today to buy two 12 mm 044s. One looks to have a good p/c. both pretty complete saws, but need some work.

If it falls through i will let you know for sure

I thought the 10mm 044 was the bestest all time saw in the whole world? at least thats what you ran around telling everyone in every Stihl, Husky and Dolmar thread, and even in some other non related threads. So why would you want a lesser saw now? :laughing:

You exaggerate a bit (well, maybe a little more than a bit).

What I have said, and I will stick by it, is that I think the 10 mm 044 is the strongest running 70 cc saw in unported form. They also seem to run just as strong as an unported 460. However, my ported 046 will bury them.

I'm sure ported saws from both companies run stronger, and some 372 s are especially strong ported.

That said, I'm sure a properly ported hybrid will easily out perform a 10 mm 044. So I want one.

Clear enough for ya???

Back