Looking for new Work boots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have been wearing Timberland Pro work boots for years. Well the last $100 pair the soles on both boots came unglued. I work around gas and oil alot so maybe it ate the glue. The previous pair I wore the sole right out which is fine with me. It took two years. The unglued pair took 9 months. Made in China the tag says. I Usually shop at my local "Bob's Stores" They have Chippewa boots. They only offer one pair made in America. They are logger boots but I will wear them everyday from working outside and inside. They retail for $199.. Ouch.... I don't mind paying if they are good quality and will last a few years. Any opinion? Broke but have wet feet.

Here is a link to the exact boot online.

http://www.happydogsbootland.com/servlet/the-149/Chippewa-25402-8"Golden-Tan/Detail

All I wear are Red Wing boots. Most are made in USA, but you have to watch, they are starting to do the China thing. I have been very happy with mine over the years, well made boots!:cheers:

All I wear are Red Wing boots. Most are made in USA, but you have to watch, they are starting to do the China thing. I have been very happy with mine over the years, well made boots!:cheers:

+1,Thats all i wear is Red Wings,but you do have to watch for the flag so you know their made here.

Cabelas has a 6" work boot for $60 w/ steel toe and $55 w/o that hold up as well as any I have owned...They are made in China, but I have gotten 2+ years out of the last 2 pairs I have bought...

Carolina Boots :clap:

Some of the most comfortable and durable boots I've ever had the pleasure to not spend a lot of money on. ;)

Go to >THIS< page and check the made in the good ole US of A box in the features area. :cheers:

EDIT:
If you're looking for loggers try >THESE< they can be had for between $130.00 and $150.00.

Last edited:
I wear Redwings, but I will not buy another pair. I'm wearing the wildland firefighting logger boots right now but the uppers have come unstiched from the lowers twice in two years. Mine are the made in USA, special order and took three weeks to get. I'm going to try one of the other USA makers next time.

Don't scrimp on footwear....

All I wear is Rocky boots and have grown a fondness to the Rocky Branson Roper pull on boots for the last couple years. They don't have an agressive sole like my Rocky logger boots but they are very cumfy and easy to put on or take off.

Another vote for Redwings! :clap: Very comfy and well made - I have been wearing Redwings since highschool... I go through a pair every year or so - but then I wear my boots 6-7 days a week! I've tried Wolverines and Timberlands - but they never lasted very long for me....

redwing loggers for me,i have tried others but none have held up like the redwings

I've had Danners, Redwings, Chippewas, and Rockys. My preferece of these is with Danner and Chippewa, followed by Redwing. Many of the new boots are made "offshore", and I've limited my Chippewas to USA versions. This morning I ordered a pair of Red Dawgs from Bailey's, and I hope that I'm not disappointed.

I wear Redwings, but I will not buy another pair. I'm wearing the wildland firefighting logger boots right now but the uppers have come unstiched from the lowers twice in two years. Mine are the made in USA, special order and took three weeks to get. I'm going to try one of the other USA makers next time.

Don't scrimp on footwear....

Try Danners. I am on my third set of soles and the leather has never came unstitched. I walk/hike many miles a week in mine. The rocks of Maine beat the crap out of the soles, but the leather holds up fine. The US made ones are pricey, but after the $55 resole at the cobbler, they are cheaper in the long run than cheaper Chinese options.

I'd like another pair of Danner but I love my Carolinas for $140 at the local Mom & Pop.

I have been wearing Timberland Pro work boots for years. Well the last $100 pair the soles on both boots came unglued.
A guy I know went to buy a new pair. He had the old ones on (2 yrs. old and worn hard) and the clerk said "That shouldn't happen to the soles." and gave him a free pair. This was at a Timberland outlet store.

I just ordered a pair of custom built White's for fire season.
I normally wear Wesco Caulks, La Sportiva and Scarpa. None of which are cheap.

yes whites smoke jumpers, ive been wearing them for years, i also got hooked on them when fighting fire with the blm. ive been living in whites since i was 18. i now have 3 pairs that have been fully rebuilt and one kinda new pair.

i love and will work in nothing less. though i could get good saw for what they cost. ouchhhhhh

though i will worn you, your feet have to break into them but ounce they do nothing else works

Because I wasn't planning on running around town much a Saturday or so ago, I wore the Crocs. I have Plantar Faschiwhatever, commonly known as a heel spur. It was under control. It flared up after wandering around in the concrete jungle and has been bothersome. Today, I decided to wear the new Kuliens, which are custom made caulks, and the foot pain disappeared. If they weren't caulks, I'd probably have them on now. The wood and linoleum make that a problem. So, if you have problem feet or smurf feet, splurge on boots.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back