Looking for OWB and wood gassifier primer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davecla

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been following the discussions going on it this forum regarding OWB and wood gassifiers. Both technologies are completely unknown in my part of the world.
I love the idea of a OWB and I'm looking for a primer on it. I've read a few manufacturers web pages but I'm looking for a OWB 101 type guide.
Heat exchanger options, the insulated in ground water pipes, all that stuff. If I cant buy one, maybe I can build one.

The closest I've found available nationally is a european gassifier that would cost in order of a years wages to have installed.

I live out in the country, my only heating is a log burner and two open fireplaces. Wood is free but only pine is available.

Welcome to the site Dave...just do a search, there has been plenty said about OWB's, etc. Just finished my first year with one, instlled/designed everything myself. Others will be chiming in soon...what brands are available in N.Z.?

The only product I can find available in country is the ETA SH wood gasification boiler.

I've been following the threads in the forum and looking a various installations where guys have posted pictures of their installs. Some fantastic examples and some very neat plumbing jobs!

What I'm hoping to find is the basic's around OWB.

HVAC guys only know about air-air heat pumps here. Even oil boilers are virtually non existent.

Back