looking for OWB input

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD-tech-NH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey I am in the market for an OWB my house is only 1200 sf but I am looking to add on in the future. Which stove do you guys recomend and who is a good dealer in New Hampshire. Thanks in advance for your time.

Tim

Have you considered looking at indoor wood boilers? They can be installed in boiler sheds if you have no basement room. I'd look into them if I were you, especially since you're pretty close to HS Tarm's business HQ in Lyme.

www.woodboilers.com

Woodmaster, CB and Hardy sell a lot of units around here. Globel Hydronics is making some noise selling under many various names, mostly Hawken Energy as of late. I own a carbon steel Woodmaster and in my third season of no troubles, I like it. Dont expect to find a "best" when it comes to material. The horror stories on the Internet will lead you to belive that all stainless cracks and all carbon will rot out right before your eyes. If you will take the time to clean it out in the spring and keep the chemicals up to date then carbon steel works OK, If not then upgrade to stainless. That is my advise for best material. Like anything else these days there are fly by night outfits. Go with a unit that has been around a while and a local dealer if possible. When you get the stove priced out add about least 2k to get an estimated final cost.

Woodmaster, CB and Hardy sell a lot of units around here. Globel Hydronics is making some noise selling under many various names, mostly Hawken Energy as of late. I own a carbon steel Woodmaster and in my third season of no troubles, I like it. Dont expect to find a "best" when it comes to material. The horror stories on the Internet will lead you to belive that all stainless cracks and all carbon will rot out right before your eyes. If you will take the time to clean it out in the spring and keep the chemicals up to date then carbon steel works OK, If not then upgrade to stainless. That is my advise for best material. Like anything else these days there are fly by night outfits. Go with a unit that has been around a while and a local dealer if possible. When you get the stove priced out add about least 2k to get an estimated final cost.
thanksgreat input,# today I looked at shaver and cb,# I was impressed with the build quality of the cb but not the shaver, plus the guy that was suppossed to meet us there was a no show!# I have contacted globel and hawken and looked into woodmaster as per your sugestion.# thanks again!

Sweet !

just bought a CB 5036!

I think you will be happy, I am with my 5036. I finally fired mine up Thursday and it is really easy to deal with. I have pictures of my hookup on the other thread called "light it up".....If you haven't had it delivered yet, get all your hook-ups done NOW so you can connect the water lines and power right away...nights will get cold end of the week don't waste another drop of oil or whatever you use now. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Have you considered looking at indoor wood boilers? They can be installed in boiler sheds if you have no basement room. I'd look into them if I were you, especially since you're pretty close to HS Tarm's business HQ in Lyme.

www.woodboilers.com

Not to mention your boiler would then Be ASME stamped, way more efficient and a few grand cheaper even with buying the shed...

My buddy has an indoor coal boiler in a shed that from the 1940's that is still going strong. Ever see a old OWB? I haven't....

http://www.alternateheatingsystems.com/Multi-Fuel_boilers.htm
www.newhorizoncorp.com

Last edited:
Hey I am in the market for an OWB my house is only 1200 sf but I am looking to add on in the future. Which stove do you guys recomend and who is a good dealer in New Hampshire. Thanks in advance for your time.

Tim

There are a mllion posts concerning this subject. You will go nuts trying to figure out what is better. I have a Woodmaster. My dad has two Woodmasters. They work great. So do a bunch of others. Don't be dazzled with a bunch of crap concerning them (it's a tank with a fire in the middle) When guys answer you to you with a reliable dealer in your area, go with it. I would buy a stove with a forced air combustion fan though.

Latest posts

Back