Looking for skip chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlman27

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a ms 391 with a 25 inch bar and I'm looking for a full skip chain it's 3/8s by 0.050 if my memory serves me correctly. So far doing Google search and even looking on Bailey's there sell it by the roll but I'm not looking for a roll I just want the loops and looking on eBay and Google they sell it for a 24" bar. It doesn't matter what brand as long as it is a full skip chisel chain if you guys can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Ypur welcome. All the major chain manufacturers produce full skip chain. If you have a Stihl dealer close they can order them.
Ok I did find a set of two they were Oregon chains semi chisel and full skip brand new off eBay with free shipping for $33. Typically I like Stihl chains cause that's all I use but for the price the Oregon chains I just said about isn't bad at all. How would you guys compare the two Oregon and Stihl.

Ok I did find a set of two they were Oregon chains semi chisel and full skip brand new off eBay with free shipping for $33. Typically I like Stihl chains cause that's all I use but for the price the Oregon chains I just said about isn't bad at all. How would you guys compare the two Oregon and Stihl.
For $33 I wouldn't even hesitate. I have mostly Stihl chains and a few LGX Oregon's. When sharp they both are great.

Stihl chains stay sharp a little longer because the chrome is harder but you can get Oregon sharper and are easier to file because its softer. Pick your poison.

I got a roll of Carlton, forester, and Oregon skip chain how many u want what brand. Also if u are interested in a used breaker and spinner I got a set I would consider selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a roll of Carlton, forester, and Oregon skip chain how many u want what brand. Also if u are interested in a used breaker and spinner I got a set I would consider selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics of the breaker & Spinner.

Pre made loops your looking for 72JGX084G for Oregon or A1LMSK084 for Carlton. Any decent shop should either have them or be able to make them up for you. It is a standard chain for most saws with a 24" bar.

Latest posts

Back